2005年12月5日

Discussion and presentation in IRLab

This morning, under my plan, I had a discussion with Zhenghua. His work was under my original research plan. But with some sudden problems, his work had not finished on time. After his introduction, I knew there were three features had not been realized. And his whole system was running on VS.NET 2003. Finally, we listed all the action items and deadline. This week our research on coreference resolution was preparing for the whole work in this month.

On the global plan of our lab, I should present this afternoon. At two o'clock, we had the dual-weekly meeting. I introduced all the works and life I had experienced in MSRA. Many members asked some questions. I like the questions. It was the nice feedback to me.

After the whole meeting, we had the weekly reading group discussion. Zhichang Zhang gave the talk this time. He introduced one of the papers in SIGIR 2005. It was about passage retrieval for QA. The basic idea was using some sentence dependency relation and the path information for more features with ME. The evaluation was on TREC. I believed it was a nice way. We had used some dependency information for some NLP research. But we used only the node with only one arc. We could use more arcs and more features for research.

New meetings, new feeling. I like our IRLab very much!

没有评论: