2006年1月1日

Happy New Year's Day!

New Year, new appearance! I'd like to bless my parents, relatives, teachers, friends, classmates, IRLab members, and especially to my girl friend Yajie.

Yeah! In the past 2005, I had been learning a lot. It was of the best gain year. No more could be learnt in his year. In the first half year, I learnt more on my postgraduate courses and coreference resolution survey. I guided two undergraduates to do some basic research on centering theory and genetic algorithms. However, I changed to be intern in MSRA at May. I had not done any deep research on the two sub topics. But, in the first half year, I knew more and prepared to to more on coreference resolution research.

From May 17 to Dec. 1, I studied in MSRA which was my ideal research place before. Thanks to Prof.Tliu and Prof. Ming Zhou for giving me such a best chance. I spent four months on chatting robot design and implementation. The final two months, I changed to be guided by Dr. Cheng Niu who was very gentle and professional on information extraction. During the last period, I did some project on language independent query translation systems. I learnt more in the final two months.

From Dec. 1 to Dec. 31, I did little research works in IRLab. Although it was very short, I did lot of works. Now I knew that my working efficiency had been improved a lot comparing my situation before my interning in MSRA. I had cleared up all the research state of our coreference resolution research and collected all the papers I known. I had defined the research roadmap. The goal of our CR group was three papers at least. I will pain more.

Yeah! New year should be filled by new breath. I like such feelings.

In the past year, I'd like to list ten important things about me, as following:

1. Know and fall in love with Yajie;
2. Study in MSRA more than six months;
3. First buy presents for parents birthdays
4. Set up HIT machine learning studying group
5. Manage the skill for personal management and research group management
6. Writing blogs more in English
7. Define the roadmap for coreference resolution research
8. Master the skill on mind map
9. Know more teachers and friends: Ming Zhou, Cheng Niu, Houfeng Wang; Xiaoyuan Cui, Ke Wu, Lei Shi, Yang Zhang, Jizhou Huang, Yi Chen, and so on.
10. Be one year older than the past 2004: be more mature and know better

In 2006, I will learn more to know, lean more to do, learn more to live together, and learn more to be.

没有评论: