2006年1月16日

Eight hours in Chengdu railway station

In the morning, at 5:30, the train arrivec at Chengdu railway station. I was excited. If everything went well, I could be home at this noon. When I went to transfer the ticket, there was a very long queue up at the box office. I could do nothing except line up in the queue.

Transport during the Spring Festival was terrible. Although it was six o'clock in the morning, there was not any ticket for my hometown in the morning. Finally, I bought the ticket at four o'clock in the afternoon. So there was ten hours for my staying at the railway station. I planed to have a good sleep there. On my way around the station, there was a Internet Bar.

I went into it and fell little warm. Because in the early morning, it was little cold.

After checking my mail box and machine learning forum, I felt very tired and sleepy. I could not help to sleeping. Before sleepiing, I opened the music of Chopin. It was after about half and one hours, I waked up. As I had had breakfast when I was waiting for the transferring ticket, I began to surf on the internet.

By google talk, I chatted with some friends with microphone. With a friend of Tianjin, we chatted about the recent research hotspot on text classification. We exchanged our ideas we learnt recently. Our conclusion was using word sense extention, we could select the better representation for document and gain the better classification performance. I told some guide from Dr. Ming Zhou to him. He suggested me to think more about the guide from Dr. Ming Zhou and choose one best direction for my Ph.D. research. Choosing is the most difficult thing in the world. I believed so.

Luckily, I met Yajie on QQ. We had missed each other four days. We talked a lot on our recent life.

In the noon, I had nice dinner in a little restaurant. I ordered Tofu pudding and Saute salted pork slice. They two were famous in Sichuan cuisine. I felt best with them.

When it was 16:10, my train started. It stopped at 18:15. When I reached in the center of my hometown, it was raining. I had not seen rain for several months. The rain was good. 19:30, I got home. My parents were excited. Me too.

没有评论: