2005年6月13日

Summarization Evaluation

Dr. Lin is very famous in summarization evaluation. This afternoon, after our group discussion, I consulted Dr. Lin about summarization evaluation. During the ten minutes, I introduced one of my original draft papers on summarization evaluation.

The basic idea of my paper was comparing summarization with original text. Dr. Lin gave me two points. Theoretically, if we picked out the odd and even sentences for a summarization respectively, they were equal by my means. The second point was just as Dr. Tliu and Carl had pointed out. That is under my evaluation means there was a perfect summarization by picking out the sentences with best similarity. They two were the dead centers of my paper. Dr. Lin pointed them out in a very short time. I admired him very much. At the end of the short discussion, I told something about the operating system requirement of his ROUGE system.

If you do some research, you must keep patient and progress step by step. This was my feeling.

没有评论: