2005年4月13日

Scientific American

After so many days asking and being told that Scientific American had not come, I managed to buy it this afternoon.

It is a nice book for me. But I had little time to read it. This evening, when I came bask to our apartment, it was 23:00. I chose to read it in the reading room of our apartment.

I believed it was a so nice book which could attract me so much. This was the first time I read it seriously. It was April now. But the Science Review column concentrated on the February. Firstly, I did not understand it and even to doubt it was an error of the book. When I turned to read the head pages, I found that although the Chinese version is on April, the original edition was on Feb. 2005. So I understood that the translation of the original edition would cost two months.

When I was reading it in detail, I found I think more than the content of the articles. I hesitated to comment on the pages directly firstly. But when I had more ideas, I could not help to writing directly on the pages. I believed when I reviewed it, I would think more.

Yes. Reading only is not enough. Thinking is the most important for reading. I think so.

6 条评论:

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: shirley
04/14/2005 08:23:57 PM
What's the Chinese name of Scientific American? And what does it talk about?Giggle~~

I agree with your idea,that is, thinking is the most important thing for reading, but now I think I lack this ability, maybe for the reason that I have little time for reading~

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
04/14/2005 08:45:07 PM
Scientific American is 科学美国人. So many interesting and nice introduction about some newest scientific developments. Recommand it to you!

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
04/14/2005 08:45:08 PM
Scientific American is 科学美国人. So many interesting and nice introduction about some newest scientific developments. Recommand it to you!

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: simply
04/14/2005 09:06:22 PM
科学的美国人

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: simply
04/14/2005 09:13:13 PM
第一次听到这个名字还是大二离散数学王义和老师说的,杂志末页有一些很有趣的数学小游戏,没事的时候可以玩赏玩赏。据王老师引用李特伍德的话:一个好的数学游戏胜过一打平常的论文。

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
04/15/2005 09:19:04 AM
不好意思,师姐,我能确认就是《科学美国人》,以书籍封皮为证 :)

我和师姐一样,也是王义和老师在给我们讲离散数学的时候推荐的这本书,他也提到了数学游戏的好处。