2005年9月11日

Visit friend of Beijing Normal University

On plan, this morning I went to Beijing Normal University. I got up as usual. When I came the south door of Beijing Normal University, it was 8:50.
My friend was Deliang Wang. He was a Ph.D. candidate in the third year of Foreign Language Department. Now, he was a English teacher in his department. Meanwhile, he was studying on Chinese Zero Anaphora Resolution. He had some little questions. We were talking in a drinking bar from 9:00 to 12:00. It was a wonderful talk. He introduced his Ph.D. paper's outline and catalog. We discussed his forthcoming experiment and exchanging some ideas on anaphora resolution research. There were some fresh concepts to me, such as exophora, RST trees and head-veroins. He sent a very nice book on anaphora resolution to me.

It was a very nice intercourse. Thanks to Deliang Wang. Wish he graduate on time. :)

5 条评论:

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Deliang Wang
09/12/2005 03:40:33 PM
i should express my gratitude to Bill. Thank you for your visiting. The pleasure is also mine. I really learned a lot from you. Now i know what i should do next. Although obviously it's a tough task, i gain confidence and i am sure i will make it more technical and acceptable. I am so glad i got a friend like you. I wish our friendship will last long.

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: hfjiang
09/12/2005 07:32:12 PM

Excuse me.
What is Chinese Zero Anaphora Resolution?
hehe,i have never heared it.

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
09/13/2005 09:32:13 AM
Welcome Deliang here for ever!

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
09/13/2005 09:53:22 AM
To Jiang, Chinese Zero Anaphora Resolution is a common phenomenon. For example, "张华起床了,吃完饭去上学了。", there is no subject of the later short sentence. There is zero anaphora in the later short sentence.

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: hfjiang
09/15/2005 10:19:10 AM
o I got it.Thank you!