2005年8月14日

Nice Sunday: read and swim

I found I was fond of reading books. Yesterday, I had found the book Complexity and been attracted by the first chapter. I found out that English books had a kind of style. That was listed many questions which could attract readers' interesting. Just like this book.

I had read the first chapter yesterday. Today was in weekend. After done some works on our project, I began to keep on reading it. I had only Chinese translation version. But I thought the translation was very good. In chapter two, author introduced the phenomena of giving to owners. I understood it like Matthew Effect. Yes. Author had introduced so many examples for explaining it. Author used this for anatomy of new economy. In this chapter, I learned something that was very important for our research on any topic or area. They were erudition and transfixion. Author said something about his idea on how he had found these phenomena and where was his inspiration. Our common, I believed, was hard to understand there was some link between physics, gene and economics. But after the author had read many books on these areas, he got his idea and whole architecture of his theory. I believed you could not understand this process. So I recommended you read it. It was so interesting that I ensure you would like to read it like me.

Wonderful books were the source for our life and research. I knew an archaic sentence "问渠哪得清如许,唯有源头活水来". It was just like the previous English sentence.

This afternoon, Chengjie Sun and I went to Sunshine Swimming pool again. During the two hours, I practiced my breast stroke. I tried more on exchanging my breath at the same place. Then I began to swim from this side to another. Finally, I mastered all the techniques of breast stroke. I could swim form this end to another. It was good news. I felt I should practice more. Do and learn it. This was the rule.

So nice day, it was. I liked this weekend. I should do more works on my project from tomorrow. Let me try more.

3 条评论:

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: cynosure
08/15/2005 11:10:09 AM
Oooo,i will read this book.
in msra , do anyone research on semantic web?

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
08/15/2005 12:43:36 PM
I do not know there are anybody research on semantic web now. Suggest you ask Cui again. He came here earlier than me.

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: cynosure
08/16/2005 12:10:46 PM
ok,thank you