2005年8月15日

How to found an exciting and effective research organization?

To the title, it was a tremendous problem to the organizer. I had the experience on organizing the machine learning group of our university. I had encountered so many difficulties. And after three times colloquia, we had nearly no presentation volunteers and sharing topics.

I believed that now I knew more about how to solve this problem. Or I knew the important issues on this topic. In the second chapter of Complexity, there was a main subject about the motivation and the beginning of Santa Fe Institute. I had known nothing about this institute before reading this chapter. The goal of it was setting up a place for cross-subject scientists rap off. The first organizer George Cowan had the original idea on building Grand Unified Theories(GUT). It was based on complexity theory. During their first two colloquia, they had got more universal resonance. Then with the development and influence, there were more and more scientists who were interested in GUT on complexity. There was one thing important for this institute. That was so many Nobelists were its members. During the process, I realized that the most important thing for organizing such organization was how to pilot and mobilize the interesting of all.

During this chapter, there was one viewpoint which was more and more clearly. It was many research topics owned something same at some degree. This happened between many areas, such as physics, biology, biologist and economics. I thought, in chapter two, it was the complexity.

I considered that I was more like reading this book. It was good enough!

没有评论: