2005年7月27日

Reading papers

How to read a paper? This is an very port issue for any researcher. When I was working in our laboratory, I adopted our paper reading ourline, as following:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Title:
Source:
Publish date:
Authors:
Author’s organization:
Why the author did such research/project?
How about others work on this topic?
Where are the existed problems?
What is the new method/solution author adopted?
What is the theoretical advantage of this method?
Experiment design:
Experiment result:
Experiment analysis:
The remaining problems:
My ideas/criticism to this paper/work:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Each time, after I had read the paper, I would fill many information in a text file. I believed it was of lower efficient. Now, I use BibliExpress for helping me to fill the related information. I read some papers, used only one sentence for noting the key point of it, and then select it into three different folder in terms of its usability for my task. The three folders' name were: Direct to my idea about my task, indirect to my idea but related to my task, useless for my task.

I believed after reading my collected papers, I would get a nice hierarchy of papers for my task.

After reading, we must write some research proposal. I have collected two classical, and sharing with you:
Proposal for Collaboration Task on Evaluation of Spoken (MM) Dialogue Systems
PhD Research Proposal: Dynamic software updates within ad-hoc connected environments.

2 条评论:

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: cynosure
07/29/2005 06:09:20 PM
Great!
i am looking for the text about how to read paper!

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_lang
07/30/2005 01:12:29 PM
ok. Welcome!