2005年7月26日

Constructing the related papers library

It's a terriable process about constructing a papers library without any tool. I believed so now. As I have experienced on several times survey.

I remembered that when I surveyed on coreference resolution, I have only collected all the related papers on coreference resolution. I put them in a same folder with out any relation or index of them. So after my collecting, I nearly lost myself when I was in the face of them.

A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit. This time on surveying dialogue modeling and management, I collected each paper's related information in detail and organized them by Biblioexpress with Biblioscape format. If you collected the in formation items one by one, I believed you can not insist on ten papers. So I recommanded one useful skill to you.

Using google "filetype:bib" with the title of your paper, you can search the bibtex format paper information on most papers. If it returned not any correct result, you can google "@inproceedings" or "@article" with the paper title query. Copy the bibtex format paper information and import it automatically by your tool like Endnote or Biblioscape. Then copy the corresponding pdf or ps file into the attchment folder and add the relative paper path into your library.

After the process, you can easily construct a wonderful paper library. Then you should read them. How to read papers is another very important issue for researcher. I will give my experience later.


没有评论: