2004年10月6日

Simply but effective method for SE

It was said that the most effective method was the most simply one. I could not believe it ever. But now, I couldn't help believing it.

This morning, I kept feeling sad on the SE task. I had no idea. But I sticked on my viewpoint about the break point that was how to combine the new system into my SE system. I wanted to realize the famous package for Summarization Evaluation in DUC2004: ROUGE. But there was some unkonwn problem that I could not run the progroms. I had no idea and began to review the presentation ppt on 26 Sep. Suddenly, I found the two methods in that ppt could be re-realized with some new usage.

I compared the new four ranks data, and got the ideal result. Wonderful!!

I realized it. I told this news to Dr.Tliu. He discuss it with me and was exciting ,too. He suggested me to think more about the methods.

At noon, I kept working and realized a more basic method and achieved better result. Good news for me.

Frankly speaking, the two new methods were not master, but simply and effectively. I could not explain it fully.

2 条评论:

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Victor
10/06/2004 10:43:59 PM
Be eager for your excellent paper!

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
10/07/2004 08:53:11 AM
Thanks for your encouragment!