2004年4月16日

The English presentation

These two weeks our lab will hold two meetings to analyze and understand the papers that were brought by Mjs from Hainan Conference.

And there were three papers to me. Originally I planed to make my presentations at next week. But as there were few person to make their presentations this week and I had read two of them, so it was my trun to make two papers presentation this weekend.

This time, Dr.Tliu demanded English powerpoint and oral English. So we must study the papers deeper and deeper. This evening, I prepared the presentation for the paper of Causal relation extraction. Causal relation was so important for the Question-Answer system. As it performed very lower accuracy in recent QA systems.

Based on the experimence of my pure English presentation about high-tech of our English class, I had done the powerpoint and imagined the report scenes at the meeting.

Simply told me that it was a very good chance for me to make the pure English presentation and I should treasure this chance. Thanks for Simply's encouragement.

6 条评论:

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: 嘟嘟
04/17/2004 12:02:45 PM
Just go!
Come on!

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: tliu
04/17/2004 07:53:21 PM
I believe you will give a good talk tomorrow.

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
04/18/2004 01:03:29 PM
Thanks for Dr.Tliu's and Dudu's encouragement to me.

At the lab meeting, I didnot make the oral English speech. Because I had thought that if I did the oral English speech, maybe I could not express well and many audience would not understand my viewpoints.

I would try to practise more and use the simplest words to express my viewpoints.

By Mjs's speech, I indeed found out the very importance of English study. And I shoud insist on writing English diary.

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
04/18/2004 01:19:17 PM
Mjs mentioned the First ACL Lifetime Achievement Award's winner Prof. Aravind Joshi. He has contributed a lot on anaphora resolution.

It is very good news for me to improve my interesting on this topic.

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: D. Chang
07/03/2004 06:20:07 PM
Dear Bill Lang,

Thank you for your presentation of my paper on causality extraction. It is a funny chance discovery to find a report on the reading & presentating my paper. If you left my name on you presentation, It had better...

Anyway It way good pleasure to read your blog.
Thanks. Bye~
Du-Seong Chang
From KAIST, Korea.

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
07/04/2004 12:34:34 PM
Welcome you reading my blog!

I have added your authors' information in my presentation powerpoint. That was my neglect. I do apologize for that.