2004年4月24日

Coreference Resolution Paper

There was a paper of IJCNLP 2004 related to Coreference Resolution that was turned to me. And tommorw morning I will make the presentation about this paper. After four times I had read this paper and the related papers, I could understand the essence.

There were three main methods for Noun Phrase Coreference Resolution. They are String matching scheme, Name alias and Apposition. And this paper's main idea was based on Soon et al., 2003. It collected more string features about the candidate antecesstor and its anaphor. Then employing C5.0 Decision Tree Algorithm, the anaphorial relationship between the Noun Phrases could be made sure.

As discribed in this paper, Decision Tree algorithm has been used a lot for Coreference Resolution. And there are more importance of coreference resolution for IE and Auto Summarization.

There are so many papers for me to read.

During the recent papers preparing powerpoint, I found out that I could understand the papers more deeper. It is a so good manner for me to read any good papers.

没有评论: