2005年10月29日

25 signatures

The whole day, we have the regular Microsoft Master Program Training. It was the fourth time. The course today was communication skills. In the noon, before the lunch time, Mr. Hua gave us a task to practice our communication skills. The title was collecting 25 signatures in one hour in the street near Sigma Building.

We nearly 30 students went out the building with Mr. Hua. We should finish this task alone. Each of us had his solution. Standing at the door of Sigma, I had two ideas. One was collecting usual health feedback in the front of Wall market. The other was collecting feedback about the traffic safety consciousness at the cross near Sigma. Finally, I chose the latter.

I usually went to opposite of Sigma in this street. Other employees and VSs had the same requirement. Each time, we should go to the crossroad. But we should wait a long time before the traffic light becoming green. There was some bug of that traffic light. It was usual red to cars and red to passerby. So when it was red to cars many passersby crossed the street. And there were four groups’ traffic lights. Sometime the smaller corner road had some cars still running. So the drivers of that corner should be very careful. And the passersby should be also. So we all believed it was not safe. I want to survey about the passersby suggestions. Comparing the amount of waiting for traffic lights and waiting for buses beside the traffic lights, I found it was more convenient to ask the latter.

After the nice preparing and selection, I began to ask one by one. After my introduction, I asked their signature. If somebody believed it was not safe, they could write their name on unsafe block in my table, vice versa. After half an hour I finished my survey. There were 80% believing it was not safe to passersby. But 20% believed it was safe. There was a universal cognition that the traffic lights in that crossroad should be upgraded.

When I returned to the training room, I was very happy. I believed it was a nice form to practice us. All of us were exciting about such activity. Our solutions were different from each others. Somebody asked signatures directly without any other survey. Someone asked signatures for signatures software system. It was very interesting. We all liked it.

没有评论: