2004年9月14日

The homework of Pattern Classification

There were only four questions of Chapter two of Pattern Classification. The first one was nearly a pure mathematical problem to prove some inequalities. After some reasoning, it was transformed to be discussion of some curve trend.
The second one was integration of some mathematical formula. There was a subsection function which should be drawn. I used the fplot function of Matlab for drawing it. The final picture was wonderful. The third one was simple. Using the proving skill of pigeonhole theorem, the conclusion could be proved easy.

The most difficult one was the final one. Lots of linear algebra knowledge was in essence not clearly in my mind. I found that I had not been very familiar with the mathematical knowledge of Advanced Mathematics, Linear Algebra, and Probability Theory. This was a serious problem. I should review them at some time.

没有评论: