2004年7月19日

Recovery my machine

Last evening, I tried to install cygwin and delete some files in disk C. This morning, I started the machine and there was a prompt of "NTLDR is missing……". I found some material about this error prompt message. It was said that NTLDR was a file for starting XP operating system. If there was a prompt "NTLDR was missing", we could copy it from a system cd or same edition XP operating system.

So I made a dos starting floppy disk to start the computer into dos state and copy NTLDR file to disk C. The "NTLDR is missing" was missing. However the computer was rebooting endlessly.

I asked for help from Carl. He told me to install a new system on another disk, change the start order and then delete the new system files. I carried out his idea and managed to recover my operating system.

This idea was very good and useful. Thanks for Carl.

没有评论: