2004年6月11日

Joshua Huang visits our lab

This afternoon, Dr.Joshua Huang visited our lab. He was the Assistant Director of the E-Business Technology Institute. He had many years experience in databases and data mining research in The Commonwealth Science and Industry Research Organization (CISRO), Australia.



After Dr.Tliu gave some introduce about our lab, he gave his introduce about his research and projects. I was interesting in his clustering algotithm based on K-NN. His idea was adding a variable w to restrict the weight of each variables when clustering. In his formula there was a variable beta that was the exponent of w. I found out in his ppt that he chose the beta factitiously. I saw he used 10, -9, -8 and -7 for beta. I asked him whether the beta could be modified heuristic or selfadapted. His answer was they had not done this deeply research.

He also gave us some analysis about the time serials predicting. He used the Multiple Regression Analysis for predicting. But as my experience I thought Multiple Regression Analysis could not give the proper curve trend.

Dr.Joshua Huang was good at data mining and business intelligence. I should study his research method and his paper on clustering.

没有评论: