2004年2月10日

The Uniqueness of Fingerprints

From 6th to 10th Feb. I was taking part in the Mathematical Contest of Model. At 9 o’clock this morning, we have finished the research report paper of Fingerprints’ Uniqueness.

During these days I, with two teammates, was doing some research on the uniqueness of fingerprints.

During our reading and analyzing the papers which we found from all kinds of resource we had found out some rule. That is domestic researchers do lots of aplication research on fingerprints. The usual format of the paper is as follows: improve an algorithm a little and then do some experiments to get some data, and the data achieve good performance. There is lack of more theoretical analysis and prove. By contraries, foreign researchers firstly do a lot of analysis and prove on the problem, then do some experiments without voluminous description.

May be they are the difference.

After a wonderful sleeping and rest I have recovered to my full strength.

MAthematical Contest of Model is a very good chance for me to practise my integrated ability.

Great. I will learn more and practise more about it.


2 条评论:

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: bert
02/11/2004 04:53:05 PM
MCM is very interesting!enjoy it!

Bill Lang 说...

Comment's author: Bill_Lang
02/11/2004 06:32:55 PM
Yeah. It is truly very good. I like it.