2005年1月14日

Starting Anaphora Resolution Research

Today, nice day, I started my anaphora resolution research. Dr.Tliu has told us often that we should prepare some standard corpus, and then try all kinds of methods. So the standard corpus is the first step of my work.

But until now, there is only ACE2004 coreference corpus I could use. But it is not suitable for our research. So I want to annotate some corpus by myself. But the annotating tool is very troublesome to make. I ask question on a maillist, and use google. After my simple survey, I found some useful tools, as follows:


  • Alembic workbench a natural language engineering environment for the development of tagged corpora

  • ATLAS Architecture and Tools for Linguistic Analysis Systems

  • CLaRK system an XML Based System For Corpora Development

  • GATE is an architecture, framework and
    development environment for language engineering which can be also used to
    annotate texts.

  • MMAX a tool for multi-modal annotation in XML

  • PALinkA: http://clg.wlv.ac.uk/projects/PALinkA/



After test, I decide to use PALinkA(Perspicuous and Adjustable Links Annotator). It is good enough for my work.

Thanks for the enthusiastic friends who gave me information on the tools.

没有评论: